Friday, January 9, 2009

Still Flooding...

Well, after just losing my first attempt at posting, I will try again.


The flooding is still serious but thankfully not in our particular street and yard. Yesterday I did get to town to pick up batting, but the highway was beginning to flood a bit in a couple areas. The water from the Stillaguamish river was boiling like crazy, and way up into the fields and getting might close to the bridge deck. It is scarey to see the power of all that water, with no place to go. The other road to town was already closed off with water flooding across the road and into the buildings and businesses. We will not soon forget this winter.


I finished my Sunflowers sample for this quarter of teaching at Aunt Mary's Quilt Shop in Arlington. It came out pretty neat, if I do say so!! Today I should quilt the raffle quilt for my niece-in-law! (Married to my nephew, and living in CT) They are going to raise some money for their church scholarship fund.


Tonite is meet the teacher night at Aunt Mary's, and tomorrow clean the studio day! I think I should also take our Christmas tree down....a little early for me to do that, actually. I still haven't figured out how to get my recipes to copy...oh, maybe that would be copy and paste. Don't know how to do that yet.


I will try again to post the picture of my class sample....sunflowers...oh, can't wait to see the real thing this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment