Thursday, June 25, 2009

Bedtime


Well, here I am writing at night which is rare for me. I usually do the blog in the morning before starting work. I did finish the snowmen for my friend Pat in CT....and now I do her daughter's dresden plate in 30's fabric. It is really nicely done.

Today was the first day of our WA shop hop....soooo many shops and so little time. I just stopped by Aunt Mary's and got some polka dots and came back home....I need to save my money for the fishies....all that pond equipment is my big goal now. Besides, I have enough fabric to sink 5 battleships.

Today Stephie came over and we sewed on our quilts....we are each making a large 9 block piece...inspired by Freddy Moran. I think we will turn it into a class for the fall, and try some things out on the class. Stephie is sooooo talented and creative. We have a blast sewing together, too. I will try to post what we have been working on, as well as the snowmen going to CT. Not much other news....goat girls are fine, and the fish too. Tommy-boy has not caught any gophers in the past few days. I hope we have good weather for the pond project this weekend. I love working on that. Tomorrow a field trip to the La Conner Museum to see more of the Karen Franzin quilts...they are so spectacular. Till later, happy sewing...judy

3 comments:

  1. Hi Judy,

    I was looking at your blog and trying to see if you quilt with a long arm or a home sewing machine? I would love to know what you machine quilt with?
    Thanks,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Laura...I hope you get this answer...I just wrote a whole new post and it disappeared. Now I gotta try again...Later...as for my quilting. I use a longarm, but you can do those things with your home machine...just harder to move all that fabric around. Diane Gaudynski does all her fabulous work on a Bernina, I think...check her work...I have a little design book with quilting ideas. I sell it when I teach...I hope you try some of the fun designs all around....I love nature things a lot....write again....Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy,
    I just got home after seeing you at Stray Threads Quild Guild. You were great. I got an email from Connecting Threads and noticed that they have Lime Green thread by Essential Threads. Its 1200 yards per spool no cones. Here's the website: http://www.connectingthreads.com/threads/Essential_Quilting_Thread__L600902.html

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete