Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Is spring coming??




HI folks...here it is noon, and the sun is finally coming out. My husband says with the weather, in like a lion and out like a lamb.....It has not been too bad here in early March, but back where we lived in CT the lion was definitely out, as in New York and Boston, I guess. Glad we are not living there with all that cold, snowy weather. I am optimistic that the remaining March days will be much better.
The Picture is my kitty boy....Tommy....he came with the house! He is quite the character, and a pretty good hunter, too. He also is a good nap-taker! The other quilt is one I made after taking a class from Jackie Robinson on folded piecing. It is a fun technique. She does a fabulous program on Frank Lloyd Wright...the best I have ever seen....if ever your guild has the chance, ask her to come and do a program.

It is time to plant my sweet peas, maybe this weekend. According to all the gardeners I may be late already. I also bought some neat multi-colored sunflowers. I hope they will grow well here. We should have plenty of sun. I have to start getting rid of all those weeds soon.




I finished a great Asian fabric quilt yesterday for Roxanne...she is such a fabulous designer and teacher. Today I am doing another Asian style fabric with a big heron and dragon flies...also some beautiful lotus. That is for my friend Lorraine....check out her website at http://seawatchfabrics.com/ She specializes in batiks and Asian fabrics...I hope you enjoy her website.




Our big quilt show is in a couple weeks. That is for the Quilter's Anonymous Guild here in Edmonds, WA. It is held at the Monroe, WA Fairgrounds.


Yesterday we planned my classes for the Fall Quiltfest at the LaConner Museum. I will post them in a bit, once everything is finalized. I will be teaching 2 classes, and they should be lots of fun. Maybe some of you can sign up!!


Not much other news here, so guess I better get back to work on Lorraine's quilt. Hope you are all having a great time in your gardens or working on quilt projects. Will write again tomorrow....Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment