Friday, January 27, 2012

Oh, Happy Day!



At last the snow is gone, and the sun is out!! How great is that?? After a week of cabin fever, we finally have some sun and it looks bit more cheerful. I did get some snow dyeing done, and finished lots of quilts and projects, including some digging out! I hope your week was good in spite of the weather wherever you were.
My Friday Girls just left...we have fun sewing and yakking most Fridays. Today Stephie and I worked on a block that is on lots of blogs called Swoon...check out her blog...kwiltzbystephanie. I think she is going to post it later today. We had to change the block around a bit as we didn't have enough fabric with her flea market collection. We all decided we might even like it better.
I have been working on cutting squares for a blue quilt for my friend's son. It will be done with a collection of all blue fabrics. I have also done one with reds and one with yellows. They are fun and easy to make.
My Koi quilt arrived today via UPS with a pretty badly messed up box....with the quilt nearly falling out. I was worried about their packing it for return, but it did make it and still in the box. It came back from the Road to California Show. Even though I didn't get a ribbon, that is fine...I don't quilt for ribbons, only for fun, or to share with others through a show.
I am also going to include my recipe for Eija's Cookies.....they are so yummy, you can't eat just one!
Eija's Lemon Oatmeal Cookies
2 Cups Butter
2 Cups sugar.....cream together well and add
4 tsps. lemon extract
Add 3 C flour 1 tsp baking soda and a pinch of salt
Mix well and also add 2 C old fashioned oats
Mix all well....then drop onto cookie sheet, ungreased, and shape into little balls...I use a small icecream/cookie scoop.
Bake at 350 degrees 9-12 minutes....bake till lightly golden brown...EAT. They are sooooo yummy. Thanks for sharing Eija.
Well, with that happy note, I guess I will close and run some errands....have a great day. Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment