Friday, September 20, 2013

Back From Arkansas

Dear Bloggers!
We are back from Arkansas and visiting the family.  We had a great time, and my sweet sister-in-law even set up a sewing room in her dining room for us...2 machines, ironing board, and cutting table.  We had a blast sewing, and  planning some new quilts. Of course the main reason  for going was to see Ken's 91 year old mom, who just moved to AR from Grand Rapids.   What a pioneer spirit she has.  She is doing just great, and we had to celebrate with daily visits to the best ice cream store ever.  They even have their own cows!
Check out Braums if you are ever in the area where they have ice cream parlors.   It is  sooooo yummy.
Barb set up a great 2 days of sewing classes at her local shop,   Village Quilting.  One of the best parts of that was that I got to meet Sherry, one of my quilting clients.  Gosh, the wonders of the quilting world.  To think she drove all the way from Lincoln, Nebraska to take my class.  She has a childhood friend in the area, so we had a great time in class and dinner afterword.
Everyone in class made spectacular lone stars.  In the second class we even had a guy!  Raymond sent  a picture of his finished lone star, which I will post as soon as I get all my pictures figured out.  What a brave guy to put up with all us gals!  Not to mention what a great sport he was.  Thanks for taking the class, Ray, we all had a blast.
Bentonville also has the most amazing new art museum,  about the only one built anywhere in the US in many years.  It was spectacular and had a permanent exhibit of quite amazing pieces.  Thanks to WalMart for building it, and the permanent collection is free to the public. 
I was sad that we did not have one thunderstorm the whole week we were there.  But we did make up for that with 2 of the biggest thunder and lightning displays  ever.....Washington does not have these storms, at least in our area.  They were terrific.   Thunder storms are my favorite weather unless it is  sunny and 70!
The only thing about vacations, is that they end way too soon.
We got home in time to see a sign,  "Kittens" down the  road   from our house.   It was meant to be....check out our first picture of Sparkie...she is so cute, and funny.  I will post pictures as she goes along. 
Hope you are all looking forward to a fabulous fall.  I will miss those spectacular colors in CT, but hope to have a great spring show when I  go in May.
Happy quilting to all,   judy
 One night when we had  a full moon rising...
 This year's piccasso petunias...they were unbelievable.  The plants grew to be about 3 feet or more across.  Try them...they are Fabulous!
 A view of the Crystal Bridges Art Museum in Bentonville, AR
 Ice dyeing is way too fun!
My new Sparkie!   I LOVE her.  I hope her eyes will stay blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment