Monday, September 23, 2013

QUILTERS ON THE ROCK.....ROCK!

Hi all....well, another fabulous group of gals at the Quilters on the Rock guild  with a trunk show and class made for a fabulous two days on Whidbey Island.
I stayed with a great gal, Dorothy, who was just about the best handquilter I have ever seen.  It makes we wish I could hand quilt, but it just makes me so frustrated.  All I see is a big blank quilt in front of me, with miles of handquilting to go.  They have a great guild, and it was nice to see a few gals I already knew from here and there!
While at Dorothy's I met her cute and cuddly Corgi dog, Maggie.  She was smart as a whip, and minded so well....Maggie, go to your room!   And off she went.  Her husband, Bill, makes great airplanes out of pop cans, and they are so realistic.  Hobbies are so wonderful, and I often wonder how people live without at least one hobby!  
Tuesday we had class where we did three different projects:  fabric weaving, machine quilting, and the lone star.   We got so busy I even forgot to take pictures...but I am hoping they will send me pictures that I can post.  Near the end, one very funky Halloween quilt began to emerge into a great lone star.  There were some great samples of machine quilting  and  woven quilts that will be fabulous when finished.  I am so looking forward to seeing pictures of the finished projects.  It was just too much fun.  I love to teach and teaching 3 at a time is all the more fun.
The La Conner Quiltfest is drawing close in just a couple weeks, and I also have to get my quilts shipped to MQX for their show coming up in early October. Lots to do with quilting my customer quilts, too.  I have some really fun ones lately, but I think all the quilts I get are quite spectacular. and I enjoy quilting on every one of them. 
This Saturday we have our class for Gathering Fabric at the Woodinville Grange.  It will be fun as we have had a few gals gone for vacation and such, so it will be like a reunion again!
My last class at Pacific Fabrics, Northgate, was great too.  Nine gals including one junior high gal who did magnificent machine quilting.  I got a nice note from my young gal's mom...it seems like she was really taken by machine quilting.  We really have to get those young gals into the quilting world.
We had two smashing thunder storms recently, and they were LOUD and magnificent....a great sound and light show.  I miss thunder storms so much.
Well, kitty girl....Sparkie is so much fun.  I had forgotten how cute kittens can be.  I think I should have named her funny girl.
Well, my lunch break  has been long enough, I better close for now and get back to the machine....have a great day.  Judy
 Freddy's newest project...a table runner....so cheery.  We love Freddy's happy quilts.
 Sparkie sitting on the arm of my chair.  She gets her kitten shots this Wednesday.
 Opal took this great picture with her fancy camera.   Sparkie is playing with my toes right now!
Another lone star I am working on.  My ode to the more modern quilt look!
Quilt Camp at Barb's...my sis-in-law's.  We sewed in her dining room....what fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment