Friday, November 20, 2009

Happy Friday!

Good morning all! No pictures today, as I am on the lap-top and can't access pix.
Today is Friday and next Thursday is Thanksgiving already. Where does the time go....it seems like only a few days ago I was moving the koi from the old pond to the new, and that was back in August. With all the rain we have had, I will be glad for the sunny days of summer to come.
I hope you are all getting ready for Thanksgiving. We will have a quiet one with just my brother and his wife. My hubby will brine the turkey and then use the barbecue to cook it. THe turkey tastes great prepared that way. I should include my favorite salad recipe for you all too.
I always use it for the holiday potlucks as well.
We still have the goats..I hope they can stay permanently. They are doing fine in all this rain and chilly weather. Even the koi come up a bit when we have a warmer day. I will be glad when they stay down for good, then I don't feel so bad not feeding them. I even have a fish on lay-away at my fish place. So I brought them some food last week to keep him happy. He is in a tank with some friends for the winter. I did not want to add a new one so late in the season...he is a pretty yellow koi. I will have to come up with a name, since my other yellow one is called Sunshine.
I am still trying to figure out how to answer comments to my posts....I wish I were much more computer literate. Now our big computer is on the way to the junkyard, and we have my lap-top in the house and are using it instead. I have the keyboard hooked up though, as I think it is hard to use a lap-top keyboard with my old arthritis fingers.
I am getting 19 quilts from Freddy, and working on one right now. It has cute little girl figures and is done in Australian fabrics. I am quilting some really cute little kiwi birds in here and there.
Well, speaking of that, I have another hour to quilt on that one, and need to put in some fish and tropical plants yet....hope you all have a great day....judy
I will post my salad recipe next time along with a great chocolate chip cookie recipe. I want to get a picture of the cookies to post, too. Talk to you later, again! Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment