Monday, November 23, 2009

Chocolate Chip cookies...YUM-YUM

Greetings on this Monday morning. Rain again today...still better than snow. I have a quilt to get going up on the frame today...yellows and blues. My dear friend Stephanie is coming to sew with me, too. We always have a good time working on things together. I think one thing I must do is get the binding made for our guild raffle quilt. I plan to sew different jewel tones together for the binding. That will pick up the jewel tones of the stars on the front of the quilt. I will post a picture as soon as I finish.
The best thing I want to do today is post my favorite new cookie recipe. It makes gazillions of cookies too, and they are yummy.
I got this recipe from a mystery novel...I got hooked on Joanne Flukes little Hannah Swenson mystery stories. They are great airport books....but the best part is all the recipes she puts in her stories. I think she is working on just a recipe book for the future, which would be great. Anyway, I hope you try these out. They are fabulous.

DESPERATION COOKIES

2 cups melted butter (4 sticks) 5 C flour
3 C white sugar 3 C chocolate chips or combination of chips
1 1/2 C brown sugar peanut butter, white chocolate etc.
4 tsp vanilla 4 C chopped nuts or combination of
4 tsp baking soda nuts, coconut, crushed cereal, potato
2 tsp salt chips or dried fruit
4 beaten eggs

Melt the butter you can use the microwave
Mix in the white sugar, brown sugar...mix slightly, add the vanilla, baking soda, salt, and mix. Add the eggs, and mix it all up.. Then add half of the flour, chips and chopped nuts. Stir well to mix thoroughly and add the rest of the flour and mix thoroughly.
Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets. (12 per sheet) I use a little icecream scoop. (I also did not grease the cookie sheets) If the dough does not handle well, chill slightly first.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or till lightly browned. Let cool 2 minutes on the cookie sheet--which I did do! Remove and finish cooling. I put my cookies out on clean newspaper to finish cooling....I have done this since a child...I guess my mom did it this way, and it hasn't killed me yet! It works great. Yield...about 10 dozen I always put in coconut which makes these the greatest cookies ever! I hope you enjoy them too......

Well, guess I better get to the studio, so I can meet Stephie and get busy sewing.....love, jude

No comments:

Post a Comment