Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Life Happens...with a happy ending







Dear Friends...it has been a few weeks since I have written on my blog. I am still new and still want to learn some other things about posting on the blog. I think this week my friend Sharon will help me with more blog stuff.....






It has been a most eventful few weeks...About two weeks ago my dear hubby was getting ready for work, and informed me he had pains and tightness in his chest. This was after he had been up over an hour and thought they would go away....soooo, I rushed him in the car to our little local hospital where they stablized and ekaygeed him, and gave him some nitro etc.....he was fine at that point and went by ambulance to the major heart center at Providence Hospital in Everett, WA...which happens to be one of the top hospitals for cardiac care in the U.S....



He did very well, and by the time I got to him they had put in one stent...followed by 4 more on Monday. He was to go home Tuesday, but he had a few more tests and was able to go home a day later, on Wednesday......the heart care is nothing short of miraculous. He had 95% blockage in about 3 arteries and a bit less in others. We are so grateful for God's healing hand and the wonderful doctors who cared for him. He was not the typical profile for this, so I guess the way you are made may have more to do with things than what you eat and how much exercise you do. Well, the end of the story is happy, and we are so grateful to be all right. Ken has even started back to work, and will slowly get back to all the regular routines. I am quite a nag...but I guess this is normal. I just want to share this and hope it explains my not "blogging" for some weeks....



on a happier note....



BIG QUILT SHOW....The last few days was our local Quilter's Anonymous quilt show at the Monroe Fairgrounds in WA....It was a great show, and I even was honored to be the Featured Artist....what a blast. I got to meet the nicest people who came through the show, and demonstrated machine quilting so I wouldn't get too bored sitting there. I even got a few people to try quilting. They said it was fun to boot!!



I will post some pix from the last few weeks and hopefully life will get back to our regular routine. I trust you and yours will have a healthy and happy spring, if ever it does get here....oh, I have 2 new guests! Watch the blog for photos....2 of the cutest black and white goats are here to eat my blackberry vines. That is the plan, anyway. I have 2 goats here for awhile till their owner can get a place for them. Happy quilting!!






Today is my meeting of the Goofballs...a little group of us who get together for lessons and sewing and fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment