Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lemon Bar Recipe







Good morning......rainy again today. Our neighbor girl fed the goat girls, so I will sneak them a treat later this afternoon. Tonite I teach machine quilting, so I have to finish one quilt and start and finish another. Good thing it is small. THese are for Sara Nephew, an author near me. She has sold her business but still works with Marcy Baker the new owner. Sara has written many books, the last one was all about log cabin quilts...Not your Mother's Log Cabin.....she is great with 60 degree diamonds and triangles.



I will have to post my chicken quilt I did with one of her patterns. It is called Hollow Cubes.
Try this yummy lemon bar recipe. I am sure you will love it.
LEMON BARS
1 1/2 Cup unsifted flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup butter
Combine above ingredients. Pat down well in buttered 9X 13 pan.
Bake in 275 degree oven for 10 minutes.

FILLINGg.....2 eggs
1 Cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 Cup coconut
1 Cup chopped walnuts
2 TBS flour
1/4 tsp. salt
Beat the eggs; stir in sugar, coconut, nuts, flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Spread on top of the baked crust mixture. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees. While warm, spread with FROSTING made by combining:
2 TBS. melted butter
2 Cups powdered suga
Juice of 2 lemons (You might add some lemon zest too!)
This recipe came from my friend Annette Austin via Marcella. Annette made a quilt with all yellow squares, and used the recipe on her back label....really neat. I wish I had a photo of the quilt. But I hope you love the lemon bars! Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment