Monday, October 22, 2012

Back From Grand Rapids

Hi all.....what a busy couple of weeks.  We flew to Grand Rapids, MI for a week of helping my hubby's 90 year old mom...she had been in the hospital and is now home recovering very well.  She is amazing!
Also got to teach again at Smith-Owen sewing center...what fun!!  That is fabulous store....you should take advantage of the classes and great class-room, not to mention the great fabric and notions, etc.   I hope to come back again next time I am in GR.    I sadly missed the local guild show, and a few weeks before that the AQS show that was held there.  Watch for it next year.    Check out the Tentmakers from Cairo...what quilts they are!
Teaching more  machine quilting here on Camano Island  tomorrow....there is a beautiful campground with a very rustic log building for our class.  The girls work there every month and make quilts for the cabins at the State Park there.   We look out over the water, and the woods....very beautiful.
Then on Saturday I teach in Woodinville, WA....a regular group where we meet at the Grange and sew Kaffe quilts or other projects.   I hope we get more to join us.  We will also have a class on Nov. 24...Saturday after Thanksgiving. 
My friend Jenny Pedigo taught a class at our Mukilteo guild last Saturday.   She has a fabulous ruler she designed and it makes a gazillion different patterns allowing for your own creativity, too.  Jenny is a great young quilter, and I wish her well as she goes to Houston to demo her  ruler at market.  I hope she  gets lots of orders.
The weather is turning colder and we even  had a hail storm the other day.  My fishy boys are getting ready for the long winter.   Soon they will get no more food and start to hibernate for the winter.  They grew a lot this last summer.
And, last but not least, we went to Portland last Friday to help my friend Opal pick out her new long-arm....she got an Innova.   Wow, will she have fun quilting, now.  The quilts displayed were beautiful, and the machine quilting only gets better and better....very creative, and some funky artsy type quilts were shown.  Of course I got some more thread, and added to my already HUGE supply...always a new color or brand or something.   I LOVE thread....hope you are all having a great fall...the weather really says....Quilt, Quilt, Quilt!
 My Imari Plate quilt that I have now finished from Kaffe's book....and the Lone star below is called Big Bang, also from Kaffe's Book.....the biggest one I have quilted...126 inches square...made by my friend Bekah in Houston....I want to to that one too, but not quite so big...ha.


Some of the beautiful fall leaves in Michigan.
We checked out our space for our fall retreat for CIQ guild the first weekend in November...it is a huge open room...lots of space for all to spread out.  We each should have our own table!  I hope you will find lots of time to get to your projects, too.....until later....judy

No comments:

Post a Comment