Saturday, August 11, 2012

I FIGURED IT OUT!!

HI All....well, it has taken me some weeks, but I think I finally figured out how to post a new blog.  Thanks to a friend in FL who has sent me the most amazing quilt to quilt.....oh, my .....you would not believe the work that went into this piece.  I will get permission to post a picture!  Anyway, she said she reads my blog, and I felt so guilty for not writing lately, that I had my dear hubby and friend Sharon get me going again.  Can't figure out why the computer people have to always change things around and confuse my brain.
Anyway, today is my annual outdoor barbecue and quilt show.  We  grill hotdogs and EAT of course...and hang quilts on the fence around the yard.  It is always fun, and the weather has cooperated everytime so far.  I have to clean up the studio some, and  get some things ready around the pond and gazebo, but it will be so worth it to have everyone come by.   The long-armers usually come, at least some of them...what a great group of gals.  I hope if you are a long-armer you have a  support group like we do....great for sharing ideas or as a source of emergency supplies if ever you need them.
I just finished another great Freddy quilt...so happy!...the quilt, that is.  Also just finished sending the last quilts to England for the next Kaffe book...it should be a great one!  Be on the lookout for some great free patterns that will be on the Westminster site...I am just quilting them now.  They are very nice and will be easy to piece.



Well, just to get on line again with this blog,  I will make this a short post today...more later.  I have left out lots of things of late, so will try to catch up with some things...have a great day....judy  

Oh, my...how do you get rid of all that white space....well, the quilts above are from Freddy Moran..her floral collage one, and then that wildly pieced wonder.  I am copying hers from just taking a few measurements...it is a challenge, mostly because of the zillion pieces in each block....the original came from Quilt Life magazine awhile back...wow, can't believe I am piecing such an intense block...getting   quite a lot done already...also started another lonestar, with food theme!  Happy quilting.

1 comment:

  1. You're back!!!
    I missed your blogging.
    It is always so inspiring to see what Freddy is doing...
    I am hunting and gathering in anticipation of starting
    some Lone Stars after the big move--

    ReplyDelete