Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Good news, bad news....





Oh, my...Kaffe and Liza's quilt is much more beautiful in person...the latti are in 2 tones of teal/turquoise....very pretty combination. I am already collecting to make this one!
I made homemade scratch canollis this weekend for Easter dinner at Opals...yum...I will have to put the recipe on my blog some time. The blue and orange lonestar is Freddy's.
Oh, what a great night we had at the QA guild last night. It was ribbon awards night for our March Quilt show. What fabulous quilts were displayed in that wonderful new building at the fairgrounds. The light flooded in through the windows making every quilt sparkle and the space so clean ....with nice smooth floors so you didn't have to navigate bumpy cement! Anyway, several of my friends won ribbons, and I even did, too. With all those gorgeous quilts, it was really an honor to win...I got a couple ribbons for my quilting on friends' quilts and one for my You are my Sunshine. That was the good news. Earlier in the day I got a call that my class in CA at Empty Spools had been cancelled. Not enough sign-ups for a go...that made me kinda sad and disappointed as I was looking forward to teaching the gals about quilting. I guess it wasn't meant to be. But, on the positive side, I have about 50 students in 2 classes when I go to Grand Rapids next week...so that will be great, and we will have a blast quilting and thread painting.
Grand Rapids here we come!!
Well, with not going to CA in June, I can stay home and mother my koi, work in the yard, and clean my studio so the girls from Japan don't get buried alive when they come to visit.
We have had beautiful, sunny days of late, and that is a welcome sight. I hope your spring is warm and flower-filled! Is that a word...oh, well, who says you can't make up words. Gotta go finish a really cute story book quilt for Nita....she does beautiful quilts. Have a great day...judy

2 comments:

  1. awww... I'm sorry to hear about your cancelled California class. I know you were looking forward to it.

    yes, the sunshine was glorious!I see green stuff peeking out of the trees. My first Washington Spring!

    Hugs, and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the picture for those of us not in Washington? :-)

    ReplyDelete