Thursday, March 22, 2012

Quilting Fun in Grand Rapids

You are My Sunshine....I had fun stitching and painting this piece for QA show....I used Stewart Gill paints...they are fabulous, and available on line.

Sally LeBoef made this cute ladybug quilt from a panel...pretty clever, eh??
The Navajo quilt to the left was made by Joan Dawson...she is also an excellent applique quilter...

How fun is this piece..didn't get the name of the quilter, but I think it is soooo fun. What a great show.
I hope we are all inspired!
In April I will be teaching in Grand Rapids, MI....it should be loads of fun to meet all the gals there....all 40 plus...two big classes. I was surprised by such great interest in machine quilting, but soooo happy to be able to share what I have learned. Hey, gals, if you have questions about the class feel free to write me and ask. I am working on some fun designs..maybe peacock feathers...of course, koi!.....any suggestions??
By the time I get there for classes on April 19th and 20th at the Smith Owen sewing center, it should be great spring weather, with the flowers poking their heads up and the forsythia blooming. I do miss the back east springs.
If anyone has a particular design they want help with, get in touch with me so I can be getting it ready for you....I hope we have a big turn our for my quilting class at Empty Spools Seminar in Asilomar, CA this June. We have a 5 day workshop for quilting every day....lots of time to work on some designs, stitch length, and a few finished beautiful pieces of thread work. I hope to see many of you in my up-coming classes...we will have a great time...NO PRESSURE...just hanging out, quilting, and having fun. If you need to email me..... wildirishrows@yahoo.com
In the meantime, have fun, and I hope lots of you are getting inspired to try your hand at machine quilting...Judy

2 comments:

  1. See you tomorrow! I'm going to butter you up with a new baked good. I need some help with a wholecloth piece I need to quilt. Think HUGE Ohio Stars...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The daffodils are already blooming there. The tulips are blooming now in Holland - don't know what they are going to do for the Tuilip Festival in May. Don't forget to teach your bamboo! It is a great class.

    ReplyDelete