Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fall is in the Air

Freddy's lone star tablecloth...pretty cheery, eh?

another of Freddy's tablecloths.....that should brighten up any meal!
This quilt was by Jo Baner of Evergreen Quilters in Bellingham's show last week. It was really much nicer than the picture shows.





On of my students from CT.....Martha Quizhpi....made this piece....this is a closeup of the quilt, as is the other picture as well. Martha does some beautiful work.




Hi all....today it is raining and the past week or so it seems like it is getting much cooler in the mornings and evenings. I guess all that hot August and September weather will soon be over, and fall will be in full swing.


This last week I took my Tommy Boy kitty to the vet as he was drinking LOTS of water and using his litter box way too much....the vet said his blood count was 600 and it should be about 100 for cats....so he is now a confirmed diabetic. I am giving him shots twice a day. I guess it is a good think we gave our alpacas and goats to great new homes so I can concentrate on the cat! He is a great patient and doesn't fuss a bit when I give him a shot. It seems like he is perking up already, but I am sure it is way too soon for that. I hope he gets back to his perky self. I am not sure of his age, but I think he is about 14.

Well, finished and mailed two of Freddy's table cloth quilts yesterday and am working on my friend Marilyn's 30's quilts now...she loves the 30's fabrics! I have had her pieces way too long, and with the books all finished, I can get back to the other quilts waiting in line. I almost pinned up one of mine yesterday, but realized I better not...I want to do my Ooooh La La quilt...it is beautiful Parisian pin-up girls...eiffel towers and other French designs. It is a great lone star.


I am going to get some more machine quilting samples ready for Asilomar, and try to post some of them. In the meantime, guess I better feed the fishies and get to work....more later...Judy

1 comment:

  1. Judy, so glad to see you posting. It's fun to read about what you're up to. Love the Kaffe quilts!

    Pat V. (aka "The Pink Dahlia" in GFC)

    ReplyDelete