Thursday, February 19, 2009

Home Again! A Successful Retreat




HI folks....back home again from a terrific retreat in Gold Bar, WA. What a view outside our big dining hall....a beautiful mountain with a bit of snow still there. Actually, the parking lot and grounds still had quite a lot of snow and ice when we arrived, but since we are all quilting our brains out, it is not too much of a problem. After a day or so the weather warmed and snow melted quickly.


I love the retreats, because I can usually get lots done on my super speedy Juki. Great for high speed sewing. I finished 3 tops, started a sweatshirt project, dug out my 10 plus year old storm at sea, and fiddled around on a couple other little things. I will try posting a few pictures for you to see what we did.




Now I am a veteran of my first colonoscopy on Tuesday last. I would encourage all of you to keep up with these screenings...especially your mammograms. It is a small inconvenience for peace of mind. We all know too many who suffered because they did not take care of themselves by having these simple tests.




Our spring is still a long way off, it seems. Frost every morning, but sunny by afternoon. We enjoyed the Seattle Garden Show yesterday, especially the display with quilts. My friends Roxanne Carter and Klota Underwood had their quilts on display in this beautiful garden setting. I will try to get pictures posted as soon as my hubby gets them in the computer. I don't know how to do that yet.


Anyway, suffice it to say, I am really getting the gardening bug. I can't wait to get at those weeds and work on the pond project.


Hope you are all well and looking forward to spring as well. I will post a few pix and get to work. Today I quilt a beautiful tumbling block with star points. My friend Becky from CT made this with her hand dyes. I think I already posted a picture of it in progress. Have a great time workikng on your projects. Tomorrow and Saturday I will be teaching some classes. Happy quilting....judy irish


No comments:

Post a Comment